Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Procedure Tomorrow

Grace has her bronchoscopy scheduled for tomorrow morning-the time was changed to 7:30am...which means most of you will be sleeping ;)  We have to be at the hospital by 6:00am!  We're a bit nervous, but really looking forward to it being over and getting some answers and plans.  I think the procedure will be a half hour or so-not long...the ENT had warned me that I would see Grace's level of activity start to decrease as she gets closer to turning 3 (next May).  Unfortunately, we are seeing it now-she is pretty tired mostof the time...sleeping for 12 hours at night, then getting up and laying down on the floor 20 minutes later-not normal 2 year old behavior!  Playing and running around for short periods of time is resulting in her being completely exhausted and breathing hard.  It's been pretty hard to watch the last few weeks.  We're hoping and expecting a miracle tomorrow-again, best case scenario is that the ENT finds scar tissue at the bottom of her Grace's vocal cords as the cause for the restricted airway, in which case he would then just cut the tissue, resolving the issue!  We appreciate your prayers, even if you're not awake at tht timeof the actual procedure :)  I'll update after we get home tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. oh gosh friend I am so eager to talk to you Friday!! It gives me the butterflies in my tummy too!! I am already praying!! love you bunches sweet friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete